Location: Naarden, The Netherlands
Duration: 6-9 months
Since our inception in 2006, BGV has raised four early-stage biotech funds totaling over €250 million in capital. Our portfolio is focused on novel therapeutics across different treatment modalities and disease areas, including small molecules, biologics and gene therapy for oncology, neurology, immune-mediated diseases, ophthalmology and rare diseases. We invest in partnerships with other investors in the life sciences and have built long lasting relationships with top academic institutions, EU and US venture capital investors, and other stakeholders in biotech. From our inception, we have closely collaborated with our venture partner Forbion.
Our first two funds BGV I and BGV II, launched in 2006 and 2012 respectively, have yielded major successes including Dezima Pharma and Acerta Pharma which were sold within three years at multi-billion dollar deal valuations. BGV III and IV currently hold 21 active portfolio investments. BGV is actively looking to build new biotech companies and invest in seed and series A stage investment opportunities for our new fund BGV IV.
What we offer
BGV offers a unique opportunity for personal and professional development in an inspiring work environment advancing biology and innovative science to treat patients.
You will be involved with a wide range of company due diligence activities, and will have daily interactions with other investors, key opinion leaders, and pharma experts across the life science industry.
This role will develop your analysis skills in the business of life sciences to identify value through scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and financial perspectives. You will learn and work alongside a diverse and international team of investors with extensive life sciences experience.
The primary role of the fellow will be to support the day-to-day management of deal flow and initial evaluation of new investment opportunities. Other activities will include investment due diligence and contributing to various ad-hoc assignments and special projects. This activity is expected to provide exposure to several biotech companies spanning a range of therapeutic areas and stages of development.
The fellowship is for 6-9 months on a full-time basis, working from the BGV office in Naarden, the Netherlands.
- Source, screen and assess investment opportunities within the fund’s investment focus
- Interact with investment prospects
- Perform market research, competitive analysis, and due diligence tasks
- Gather information through interviews with clinical key opinion leaders and industry experts
- Prepare reports on findings of market and other research
- Support the respective investment manager in the preparation of investment proposals
- Work closely with the investment manager in assessing the science or technical development in our investments to support their business
- Support, build and expand on the existing network of universities, incubators and research organizations.
We are looking for a candidate that has:
- Graduated with an MD or PhD/post-doc in biomedical sciences or engineering, medicine, pharmacology or similar with strong academic results
- Demonstrated an interest in life sciences innovation
- Fluent communication in English, both verbal and written
- International experience and an MBA or Masters in Finance is a plus
As a person, you are:
- Independent, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ambitious, proactive, appreciate attention to detail, and possess a structured approach to problem-solving
- Intellectually curious, disciplined, resourceful, and resilient
- Able to work as a team player with a high sense of responsibility
Working at BGV
BGV has a respectful and collaborative work culture where your opinion is valued. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome applicants regardless of background, orientation, and nationality. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the EU.
Application and Information
Please note that we will not be able to provide feedback if you do not meet the criteria. To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter using to email@example.com
For more information visit www.biogenerationventures.com.
1411 DC Naarden